I figure everyone else is doing a year in review so I might as well do one too. We had an awesome year traveling and experiencing new places. We weathered a lot of rain and a couple of bad storms but when it really mattered, we had some great weather too.
We started 2012 in southern Alabama after we flew out of Mobile to Denver for Christmas. We spent the rest of the winter in Florida beginning with a week at Disney World Fort Wilderness Campground. We visited the Everglades, the Keys, Tiger's spring training in Lakeland, and finally St. Augustine as we started our trip north.
Some favorite highlights as we went up the coast are:
- Outer Banks and Kitty Hawk, NC
- Lewes, DE
- Hyde Park, NY
- Mystic, CT
- Boston, MA
- Acadia National Park, ME
- Fundy Provincial Park and Hopewell Rocks, New Brunswick, Canada
- White Mountains, NH
- Coolidge Homestead and Weston, VT
- Hall of Fame month (baseball, hockey, football, rock and roll)
- Niagara Falls and Erie Canal near Buffalo, NY
- Rocky Mountain National Park, CO
An extra bonus of this traveling is being able to visit friends and family that we haven't seen in a long time.
Here is an updated map with our travel route over the last 2.5 years.